Confessions Of A Serial Dater

Since 2000, which coincidently was the magical year my marriage ended, I've had the pleasure and in a lot of cases displeasure of dating a multitude of women spanning quite a few east coast (and one midwest) states. Those dates remain as memories forever etched in the dark annals of my mind. This is my forum for which I will share the best of those dates....These are the confessions of a serial dater.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, DC, United States

Edward Bernays would dig me. Seasoned public relations strategist (10+ years in the game) who has practiced PR in multiple cities: Baltimore, Detroit, Chicago & DC. I'm an observationist and a soon to be card carrying member of the Twitterati. I love comfortable silences, revel in the Seinfeldian absurdities of life and have been described as a habitual line stepper. These are my thoughts...

Sunday, January 08, 2006

THE GREAT OUTDOORS

At the behest of my viewing public, this next tale takes place in the Great Lakes State. For some reason folks wanna know what I’ve been up to since I’m now living in “Tha D”. To be honest – slow motion {wink, wink}.

{Editor’s note: I was going to write another story – one previously alluded to on a fellow blogger’s site – but as a result of public outcry it will not be written. As a matter of fact I had to sign a confidentiality agreement stating that it will not be written (lol). It seems that I’ve been getting a lot of requests from folks to not have their stories written. Bummer. Some were doozies. ;o)}

Anyway…. back to the script.

Hopefully this doesn’t disappoint anyone but this is not the first incarnation of this blog (Confessions of a Serial Dater). This is actually the second manifestation of a blog I started many years ago on Black Planet called, “The Best of BP Dating Adventures.” The blog was listed under Black Planet’s Forums section and I had about 150 BP members who read stories, contributed stories and commented on stories (most of which I wrote). As a matter of fact, about 50 percent of the stories that I have on this blog first appeared on that blog. Unfortunately, Black Planet went through some technology changes/updates and deleted all of the existing forums and started from scratch. So I lost all of those stories (I didn’t have the hindsight to save them on my hard drive). So I re-wrote them here strictly on memory. I think you guys got the better of the deal. The re-writes are funnier, more interesting and have more detail. I hope you’re enjoying them. I tell you all this for a little background and because it ties to my next story.

Back in 2003 I made a special trip to the Motor City. I was still living in Baltimore at the time and I wasn’t supposed to be in town (as matter of fact I was supposed to another state visiting a friend). But I was in Tha D instead. Sue me.

While I was in town handling business, I decided to call on a friend I had made through interactions on my BP blog. For all intense purposes, we’ll call her “Pretty Girl.” Pretty Girl had a bit of a sense of humor and I’ve always enjoyed that in a woman. She used to add some pretty amusing commentary to the blog posts, so I hollered at her off the blog and we exchanged numbers. Though I found her to be very attractive and dare I say it – sexy, none of our phone conversations alluded to the fact that I ever stood a chance with her. Our talks on the phone had that buddy vibe as we mostly talked about dates we had and joked a lot. She was a pretty funny person – for a brawd. We kept in touch and talked maybe a couple of times a month.

So while I was in Detroit, I decided to look up Pretty Girl. I called her and told her I was in town and that I wanted to meet her. She was somewhat apprehensive at first and let me know that she had some things to do and that maybe we could connect later. I was like cool. Figuring that I was going to be in town over night, I decided to check into a motel. As a result of my money being funny at the time, I had to go cheap, so I checked in a crack motel, which I affectionately like to call the No-Tell Motel. Actually the spot was the E-Z Rest Motel on Telegraph Road. Give or take a few crack deals in progress, the spot wasn’t so bad. I’ve stayed in a couple chick’s homes that were far worst. I checked into the spot, shaved and showered and waited to hear back from Pretty Girl.

She called and I told her were I was staying. She came through to meet me for lunch. When I opened the door to let her into the room, it was a little awkward and tinge of nervousness in the air. Though we talked numerous times on the phone and exchanged a multitude of emails and instant messages, this was the first time that we were actually seeing each other face to face and it was taking place inside of a seedy motel. I sympathized with her cautiousness. For lunch, she drove us to Fishbones in Southfield, Michigan.

Over lunch, things seemed a bit calmer and relaxed. Over catfish and wine, we talked for what seemed to be forever. We talked about a number of things, from the mundane to the most personal. We were sharing with each other like we’d know one another for years. Over the meal I got a good look at her. For the most part, she looked every bit like her photographs. She had a light brownskin complexion, long dark hair and nice figure (no doubt a byproduct of being childless). Where she lacked in the booty department, she more than made up for it in the “knockers” department. And to top it all off, she was pretty fashionable. A woman that can dress gets high marks in my book.

Feeling pretty cool about each other, Pretty Girl and I decided to keep the party going. She wanted to show me a lil bit of her city, so she suggested that we change and hit a club in downtown Detroit. That was the good part. The bad part was that I didn’t really bring any “going out” clothes with me. So I was going to have to go hard with it – black button up shirt, nice pair of jeans and my all black Kevin Garnett Nikes. Unfortunately this was going to be problematic in Detroit since most spots have a “no sneakers” policy (excuse me I’m a Detroiter now) I mean a no “gym shoes” policy. We swung past her house first so that she could change into a nice top, skirt and some heels.

{Special note: maybe I should mention here that she had a boyfriend. The same boyfriend, who frequently spent time over at her house. I asked about him rolling up on us and getting things twisted. She informed me that he didn’t have a car, so he wouldn’t be just popping up unannounced.}

We ended up going to this real cool spot downtown. It was located right around the corner from Club Network. While I can’t remember the name of the spot, I do remember that it had an upstairs and a downstairs and an outside lounge area with a jazz band playing (anyone who knows the name of the spot feel free to chime in). After we coerced the female security person to let me in with “gym shoes” Pretty Girl and I had some drinks and continued talking. I have to say this, she was able to hold my attention in that spot, which was quite the feat given all the fine ass women walking around.

After the club, we headed back to her spot. It was around 2 a.m. Back at her spot we sat on the couch and watched Sade Live on DVD. At no point through the course of the night did I ever think that sex would be a possibility or that we would end up back at her place to close out the night. But there we were – both off that drank and sexy Sade playing in the background. It was the perfect set up. ;o)

It was getting late and I was already sleepy and a lil tipsy, so I made the first move. I leaned into her and kissed her. Next thing you know we bustin’ slob all over the couch and clothes are starting to come off. Realizing what was about to happen next, we both got up and headed to the bedroom. Despite being tired, my whole routine was very sensual. We got undressed and I began to kiss her from head to toe, only taking my time and paying extra attention to her sensitive zones – her neck, nipples, belly button and inner thighs. I parted her legs and then place my tongue where she needed it most. While I don’t promote the fact at all, but I got skillz in that department. Fifteen minutes later, I had her marinated and ready for the main course. I put on a condom and immediately started loosing steam. I was like WTF! No not now (not ever for that matter).

With my semi I inserted myself into her and went to work. But alas it was like a pin being stuck into a balloon. I started to deflate. I remember being extremely embarrassed at the time. I thought to myself at that moment, this couldn’t be happening. I’ve kept it up for hours for average looking brawds, but now I’m here with this attractive 26 year old and I can’t get it up. Sheeeeesh. I suppose it was a combination of all the alcohol and being tired, because I don’t have these type of problems.

I could see the disappointment in her face despite giving her some bomb ass head. I stopped trying and lay down beside her to recharge my batteries. Next thing I know it was morning. We must’ve both passed out and fell asleep. The next morning we got up and had breakfast at Bob Evans. I tried to avoid discussing the previous night’s activity, but over breakfast, Pretty Girl broached the subject.

Pretty Girl: About last night.

Serial Dater: Yeah what about last night?

Pretty Girl: Whoa. You got some talent there {smiles – I blush}

Serial Dater: {playing dumb} What do you mean?

Pretty Girl: You should teach a class. That was something else. I don’t know where you learned to do those things with you tongue, but whoa.

Serial Dater: {a lil weirded out with this conversation} I’m glad you enjoyed that.

Pretty Girl: Don’t worry, I did. That was something else. What happened with the rest though? What was wrong, I didn’t turn you on?

Serial Dater: Naw it was all good. I was just tired and had too much alcohol up in me. That doesn’t usually happen.

Pretty Girl: Oh I was just checkin’.

Not wanting to continue discussing me coming up short, I changed the subject. After breakfast we promised to keep in touch and she dropped me back off at the crack motel. I kissed her good bye and proceeded to check out.

Flash forward…
I never, in a million years, woulda thought that I was going to be moving to and living in Detroit. It was not even on my short list of places to live (actually DC and Atlanta topped the list). But a new job and new relationship brought me to, of all places, Detroit. Since I was in a committed relationship, I never called Pretty Girl (maybe once to tell her that I was moving to Michigan), but I never tried to see her while I was involved.

A year passed, and my relationship dissolved. I was thrust back into the dating world. So one day I decided to call Pretty Girl. It took me a couple of calls before I was able to connect with her. I was just glad that she still had the same cell number. When we talked she had updated me on some things that had occurred in her life. She was no longer with the boyfriend she had, but they did go on to have a baby together. Whoa. I was tempted to drop the idea of trying to see her again after hearing about the baby, but I didn’t. I’d dated mommies before, so why should she be different. I tried to set something up for us to see each other again, but she was kinda lukewarm to the idea. She suggested that we hook up some time later in the week to go get something to eat together. Maybe on Tuesday.

Tuesday came and went and no phone call from Pretty Girl. I chalked it up as a lost cause and kept it moving. That Saturday, I got a call from Pretty Girl apologizing for not calling on Tuesday. She asked me if I wanted to meet up and have lunch. I was with it, so I gave her the address to my new apartment. We wound up going to Hoop City Grill. After some drinks and lunch we went back to my place for cock tails.

At my place, we sat, drank, talked and listened to music. Time had quickly began to pass and we kept at it. Then I remembered that she had to go pick up her daughter from her moms. But I also noticed she wasn’t moving. And then, as we sat on the couch, she lay her head on my chest. Next thing I know, we were back in my bedroom breaking in the new mattress set. ;o)

Before leaving, she threw out this one little morsel, “Have you ever done it on your balcony?” I thought about it, looked out at the balcony and answered, “No, but I want too.” It made me think. Why haven’t I had sex on the balcony? I’ve screwed in my truck plenty of times, but why not the balcony? Something must be done about this oversight (lol). She suggested that I think about swinging an episode on the balcony and then she left.

That Tuesday, I got a call from Pretty Girl.

Pretty Girl: Hey Serial. Remember that thing that I talked to you about the last time I was over your house?

Serial Dater: You mean about the balcony? Yeah I remember.

Pretty Girl: Think we can do that today? It is very nice out tonight. This is perfect weather.

Serial Dater: I would have to agree. So I guess I’ll see you soon.

Pretty Girl: I’m on my way handsome.

Game time.


She walked in the apartment door wearing a nice top, a short skirt and fierce pair of heels. What I didn’t no was that she wasn’t wearing panties. We had a couple of drinks and then retreated to the balcony. We started kissing while standing against the railing. I sat on one of the chairs I kept on the balcony while she hoisted one of her legs onto the arm of the chair. She braced herself against the railing while I leaned forward and tasted her wetness. I stood up and she knelt down before me, taking me into her mouth. I was worried that one of my fellow high rise neighbors would see the activity taking place on the balcony, but I was too excited to ever stop. I placed on the condom and bent her over the railing – pounding into her from behind. I re-took my seat in the chair and let her sit on it backwards. Both of excited from the idea of being seen, I exploded and collapsed in the chair.

Sex on the balcony – crossed off the list. Hello Michigan. ;o)

24 Comments:

Blogger Big Trev said...

Yo family...I wanna be like you when I grow up, LOL. I don't even have a damn balcony to be able to even entertain the idea, LOL.

9:10 PM  
Blogger ChezNiki said...

My terrace spans my whole apartment...and Ive been on the floor/bed/couch with the blinds open, but never on my terrace...See now you got me thinking!

...there WAS one guy who went out on my terrace naked afterwards, stretched his arms out, and shouted, "Im the King of the World!!!"

Didnt have the heart to tell him, "Come back in here! You werent THAT good!" LOL

12:26 AM  
Blogger African girl, American world said...

excuses, excuses..she was a good one to see you again after that let down but I guess the tongue action helped!

You missed a really good post the other day, you must come thru more - it was on girl on girl action and straight girls.

And yes I'm still disturbed by the sex after being raped thing...it will take a while.

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read Mr. Dater's story about me. And decided to write my own version of this story. Not that different from his, but just my take on it.

Here goes................

I heard about BP through a friend and decided to look at his page one day while at work. Once I got wind of what the site was all about I signed up and things took off from there. I got a page and put some cute pics on it and the offers came rollin in. LOL. Niggas from everywhere came a callin.

I have a weakness for men so I ate it up. At the time I was unhappy in my relationship so it was also a release. In a way I was looking for the bigger, better deal. Well one day I received a note from this dude by the name of XXXXX (Serial's alter online ego). I was immediately drawn to the name and wanted to know exactly what that meant. I read his page and since I'm an English buff and love good writing I wanted to know more about this guy. He could write his ass off. His page was HILARIOUS and quite entertaining!

We started to converse and I told him that I was having a ball meeting people on BP and that I had been on several dates. I thought he was quite attractive. He had many pics on his page too. He invited me to join his club called BP stories. I spent many hours at work getting paid for reading all the juicy posts he and others had posted. We exchanged numbers and started talking. I liked him, he was cool. I don't believe in long distance relationships so I would not let myself like him too much. Besides I thought he was a dog. Crazy but that's what intrigued me, his experience.

Cut to the chase.....

One day I get a call from Serial saying that he was coming to the D and we decided to hook up. He checked into a little seedy motel he called the No-Tel Motel LOL. I felt bad and almost wanted to offer to let him stay with me but I had a very bad experience in the past with an out-of-towner.

We decided to go to Fishbones and had lunch/dinner. It was the middle of the day. By the way I thought that he was very attractive and true to his pics. He was a tad shorter than I expected but that wasn't a problem. We had great convo and the more I talked to him the more I liked him and the nervousness eased. I was very nervous. We ended up going to a club and had a great time. We got buzzed and ended up at my place. I hadn't yet decided if I wanted to give him some. I didn't want to be one of those posts!!! Sure I was attracted to him but I had the opinion that maybe Serial purposely pursued women for the sport and entertainment of it all and so he could add to the hundreds of posts on BP.

But after all the talk, drinks and overall good time we were having, the attraction had mounted and I think we both were ready. I honestly don't remember how the move was made. I do remember ending up in my bed and receiving some of the best head I've ever had!!! Oh my FU**IN GOODNESS IT WAS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I damn near passed out! I remember the sex being good but short cause he lost his erection. I tried to get it back up but it wouldn't budge. I think we laid there for a minute to catch our breath and ended up falling asleep. I remember holding back and not being able to totally feel comfortable during the act because of me feeling like I would be a BP story. I can throw it on a nigga when I want to but I didn't let loose. I remember thinking that I must've been sorta lame. After he went home I remember wishing I could do it over and do it better so if I became a story it'd be a damn good one! We stayed in touch over the years and I really like his personality. He's cool as hell and we have excellent in depth convos. He's moved to MI and we've spent a little time together. I've had a few opportunities to redo that sexual encounter and boy oh boy has it been excellent.

One thing he left out though, was that I thought of the balcony thing when I was in church. It was hard as hell to concentrate that day. It's a shame when you are thinking about d*ck while the preacher's got the church riled up!
Damn!

He's the first man who inspired me to buy a box of rubbers in almost 10 years!! LOL

9:33 AM  
Blogger chele said...

I love the He-said, She-said. Great story.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

a little exhibition-ism is ok...every now and then.

i ain't gonna say TOO much...but I must be the female incarnate of you... well some stories anyway...such as...this one.

adventure is the key to a good sex life...LOL

10:52 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

Good story! While I have a man and he's fantastic (in every capacity - he blows my mind), I actually recently reconnected with a very good friend of mine from college (with whom I had many of those *first* adventuresome sexcapades). A good friend beyond the sex. And we've not discussed any of our rendezvous' since we've touched base. But, I'd be lyin' if I said I didn't reminisce (briefly, lol) on those episodes on occasion. This story brought all kinds of flashbacks!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Freaky Deaky said...

I had an opportunity to do something similar. Unfortunately, I was too dense to pick it up until after the opportunity passed. Now, I no longer have a balcony.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yo, i tell you the truth ... you and your stories ...

nice story ... oh yeah, new blog name and addy ... http://thisismemadosi.blogspot.com/

2:13 PM  
Blogger African girl, American world said...

so lemme get it str8...

the blackpage planet was full of stories of XXXXXXX (this name alone) dating conquests and still this made women want to meet him?!

they even know their adventure would end up on there and accordingly made sure they gave good performances?

well, I guess you learn something new everyday!

2:55 PM  
Blogger journiemajor said...

I didn't know you were a fellow journalist!!! If I didn't say it before, you definitely need to put all of this down in a book. It's hilarious, insightful, among other things that I won't go into. If I didn't have a man and wasn't headed toward marriage, I'd almost think about asking you if you visited Texas often. But anyway, keep em comin (I ain't gon be nasty like you). And you should invite the other halves of these stories to comment and give their side of the adventure. That would be even more hilarious. I'm glad Pretty-girl didn't say a bunch of negative stuff about you though, like I'm sure she could have. That's real coo!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

I wanted to try that on my balcony then I moved once I saw that there were mice LOL...now I have a back porch that faces some trees...we'll see if I can accomplish this new years goal..you are too funny

4:54 PM  
Blogger TTD said...

great stories... but im so glad that you don't put the girls names out there (as i'm sure they are too) but this is such a small world.. im not too far from where you used to live in baltimore (near corithians) and if u ever mentioned the name of someone i knew....lol...i could never look at them the same

4:57 PM  
Blogger Single Ma said...

LMAO @ his stories and then his conquests' rebuttals.

You're lucky she gave you another chance. For me, non-performance is one way ticket to the curb.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Chubby Chocolate said...

Once again, you've come through in making me crap the fuck up!

Sex on the balcony is the best. Now if I can only find a guy that can lift ma aisss up. While sexing on the balcony... :-)

11:05 PM  
Blogger DramaFree said...

geez, I've had a balcony for 7 months, and it's never crossed my mind to have sex out there before tonight...I guess I've been missing out lol.

3:00 AM  
Blogger Disco said...

you go boy!!! I'm sure that balcony ain't been right since!!! LOL *smile*

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the balcony can be fun. it's been a minute since i did that though :)

7:26 PM  
Blogger Superstar Nic said...

Wow....now this was some interesting damn reading right boy!

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mwabi,

I guess everyone needs their 15 minutes of fame, huh?

The Mad Dater,
"Because there's a Bastard in all of us"

6:08 PM  
Blogger brooklyn babe said...

all this sex, and your johnson does not need a nap??? hmmm?? what kind of battery you use, lol?
jokes aside, you know I have not read this.... you know i how do:
PRINT
(I'll be back...)

2:41 PM  
Blogger Knockout Zed said...

One day, when I'm old(er) and gray(er), I'll tell the story of how my exhibitionism landed me in JAIL. I'll never try the balcony stunt, not while lockup is fresh in my memory. Good show!

KZ

11:38 AM  
Blogger Sherlon Christie said...

Your stories are long...but always entertaining...ALWAYS...keep it up! (no pun intended)!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Superstar Nic said...

Just stopping by to say hey homie!

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home