Confessions Of A Serial Dater

Since 2000, which coincidently was the magical year my marriage ended, I've had the pleasure and in a lot of cases displeasure of dating a multitude of women spanning quite a few east coast (and one midwest) states. Those dates remain as memories forever etched in the dark annals of my mind. This is my forum for which I will share the best of those dates....These are the confessions of a serial dater.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, DC, United States

Edward Bernays would dig me. Seasoned public relations strategist (10+ years in the game) who has practiced PR in multiple cities: Baltimore, Detroit, Chicago & DC. I'm an observationist and a soon to be card carrying member of the Twitterati. I love comfortable silences, revel in the Seinfeldian absurdities of life and have been described as a habitual line stepper. These are my thoughts...

Friday, December 16, 2005

WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

Okay, okay.

So I promised to do this sometime ago. I promised I would close the chapters on the stories I've written thus far. Were they a 'one and done' type situation or did I marry the brawd. Hmmmm. I've read the comments (boy did I ever read the comments) and one of the prevailing questions continues to be, “So did you ever see HER again?”

Well as promised, the following opus, which I've dubbed, “Where are they now” will conclude the cliffhangers and probably surprise the lot of you written word voyeurs.

Enjoy niggas.


I'm gonna start with this story because what happened down the road is actually more interesting than the initial date. This particular story involves the subject Bronx Girl (see: Check Please!) I tried to get the subject herself to comment on the story. Unfortunately, I may have damaged our relationship (lol). Not only was she not pleased with the story, but she has not spoken to me since. So campers that will be the last time I invite a subject of a story to actually read it. Anywho….

So after the New York fiasco, which subsequently led to Bronx Girl kicking me to the curb, months later, I get a call one day at work from who else but the aforementioned Bronx Girl. Out the blue she gives me a ring-a-ding-ding and informs me that she is getting the hell out of the rotten apple and moving to where - Maryland (home at the time to your favor-rite serial dater). I was genuinely happy to hear from her. And I wanted desperately to know why she shunned me in the first place. I'm a cool dude and I definitely ain't used to women carryin' me like that.

So to skip ahead…she and her roommate/sorority sistah were both moving to Maryland. She stayed with friends while she looked for a place. One day her sorority sisters had a big cook out at a park near where I lived. It was kinda a big Greek get together, but she invited me to come anyway (I'm a non fraternity guy if you didn't know). I get there and she's playin' me real greasy - not really talking to me or spending any time with me. Even her friends were like, “why is she treating him like that?” And to top it off, she even invited another dude to the park that was tryna get with her. I peeped her whole steelo and ignored it. I was up in the spot like I knew everybody there. I was tossing around the football, playing games and talking to everybody. I got some food and some drank and just chilled for a while; even though she wasn't talking to me. After a while I bounced.

Later in the week, I called her like none of that shit happened and asked to see her again. I asked her could I take her to dinner. I swear, I could almost hear her grin over the phone. I took her to Red Lobster. Though I actually like Red Lobster, our going there was more or less a strategic maneuver. When it came time to order, I ordered a decent but inexpensive meal. Prior to our server coming over, she had told me what she wanted and I was about to order it for her, but then she jumped in and was like, “On second thought, I'm going to order the Surf & Turf.” You got it - NY cut steak and lobster. She literally looked for the most expensive thing on the menu to order. And let's not talk about the multiple top shelf drinks she ordered. A normal dude would've been pissed at this action and probably flipped out. Thank god I ain't normal.

I peeped her movements and immediately started laughing. I thought it was the cutest thing. She was tryna get some payback for me not paying for her meal at the Dallas BBQ or buying her Mickey D's. I knew what was going on from the moment she accepted my invitation. And I was prepared for it. I let her order whatever the hell she wanted…and I paid for it. ;o) Besides, I owed her and I'm a good sport.

Later, she shed some light on why I got kicked to the curb. Though we had some groundbreaking sex, my actions (not treating and whatnot) left a bad taste in her mouth and gave her a unfavorable opinion of me, regardless if it was true or not. We laughed about the whole thing and decided to pick up where we left off at the good part of our first date.

Flash forward. Somewhere along the lines, I fell for the kid and she fell for me. However, I was still doing my Serial Dating thing and though she knew about it, it didn't sit well with her. She let it be known that she wanted to be with me and only me. I let it be known that poppa was a rolling stone and though I had love for her, I was gonna ride out this serial dating thing. Well that didn't go over well at all. A week later, she'd moved out of the house she was sharing and moved in with this guy, whom I believe was the very same one who was at the picnic.

I couldn't believe what she'd done. All I kept thinking was dayum - I finally lost her for good. I couldn't get over the fact that she was with this clown when I knew that she loved me and wanted to be with me. One weekend I lost my mind. I was so jealous and enraged. I wanted her to be with me and I couldn't stand to be without her. I called her cell phone about 50 times and left messages. Each message more irate and desperate than the last. She finally returned the call. She didn't answer because she had gone to New York for the weekend with HIM. I had to see her and she agreed to meet with me.

The company she worked for had seats at the MCI Center, so she invited me to join her for a basketball game. The Wizards were playing the Heat. I remember this date like it happened yesterday. It would be the first and last time that I actually got to see Jordan play. Be it an older non Bulls Jordan, he still did his thing against Alonzo and the heat. After the game, we went back to my place in Baltimore and we made love (Yeah I know what you're saying to yourselves right - who in the hell is this guy we're reading about. Cause dude don't sound anything like the guy we've been reading about in the stories). But yes children, the two were one in the same.

I told her that I loved her and wanted to be with her. However, there was one problem. She was living with ole boy in his condo. And he wasn't so ready to let go of her. So he and I had words in a major way. There were some heated phone calls and some indirect threats made. In the end, I exerted my Alpha-Maleness and took her. Not only was I lounging up in his crib I few times, but my brother and I got a truck a moved her out of his spot one day. And where did she move you may wonder - in with the Serial man.

I know, I know. I couldn't believe it either. I was actually blind with love and my actions reflected it. I didn't think about anything I was doing at that time (which was hard to do; I'm a very cerebral man). The only things I was sure of was that I wanted to be with her and that a lot of brawds was gonna be pissed. I didn't call any of the women I was seeing to tell them what was going down. I simply stopped calling them and taking there calls. Then one day, all the calls stopped and I was free to enjoy my new relationship.

In the beginning, the relationship was great, but then something happened. I started to get downright scared of this newfound commitment. I started to feel suffocated. I was afraid to completely submit to loving this woman. Then I subconsciously begin to implode the relationship. We wound up being together for about 6-7 months and then one day I felt guilty about not giving my all in the relationship and I broke up with her. I wanted us to both be happy and I thought that was the way to go. It was a bad break up and then she moved out (or if you let her tell it, I put her out). If I had it to do over again, we would've remained together.

It took a long time of reflecting and healing for both us before we communicated again. From time to time I think about her and wonder about how's she doing. Up until I asked her to read that story we were at least cordial with one another. :o(

Moving on…

This next liaison became more interesting after the initial first date. Unfortunately, none of ya'll read the story (see: NEITHER RAIN, NOR SLEET, NOR SNOT…?) starring the Haitian Sensation. I swear, if the story doesn't involve me bussin' a nut, then I gets no love. I know this is true, because I read your comments. I don't always have to be runnin' up in a brawd in order for the story to be interesting (lol). Back to the script…

After that first date, that young lady and me became something of an item. When I met her she informed me from the jump that she was going to be moving to New York within a 3-4 month period. It was our second date and she told me this over dinner at my place, “look I like you, but I think you should know that I plan on moving back to New York very soon. From here we can do one of two things, we can just call it quits now and go our separate ways or if you can hang we can just make the most of the short time we have together. Either way I'm good with it. I just don't want to get your hopes up about a possible relationship.” Whoa.

You gotta respect her gansta with that. She assumed I'd be the one getting caught up. She ain't know but I'm sumpthin' like a pimp (yeah something like a pimp) lol. Naw, but on the real, I decided to roll with the short-term world wind affair. She was very cool, spontaneous, cute and had definite freak potential. This girl had me open. And for that 3-4 month period we spent most of our time together. I either stayed at her place or she stayed at mine. We had a blast together. During that time, Ms. Haitian Sensation had a lot of women pissed. I put every woman I knew on the back burner while I rode out these few months with her.

This young lady ended up being the subject of two of my most memorable moments with a woman. The first occurred the very first night we ever got busy. The sex was off the freakin' chain and when she came…she flooded the block (lol). Almost anyway. She was my first and till this day, my only squirter. I remember when it happened. I thought she was peeing in my bed and I almost freaked. But she would explain that when she got extremely aroused and had an orgasm, sometimes that was the byproduct.

The other memory I have of her occurred actually after she moved back to New York. She came back to Maryland to visit me for a couple of days (see for all her tough talk she couldn't get enough of me). I went to work and left her in my apartment with a set of keys to come and go as she pleased. I came home from work one day and she greeted me at the door in a robe. She closed the door behind me and made me stand right there while she took my briefcase and coat. Then she unbuttoned my pants, pulled them and my boxers down and then dropped down to her knees before me taking me into her mouth. All of the lights in the apartment were out and the candles that I kept on the mantle were lit. In the background music played and I could smell the meal cooking that she was preparing. I felt like I was in a playboy article or something. She played the role of naughty wifee to the tilt. That lil episode ended with us screwing on a beanbag I kept on the living room floor.

We ate afterwards and then went out front to smoke a black & mild and just reflect on what just went down. To this day that memory still stays with me. That memory and also the time that she and I role-played. I was Principal Skinner and she was the bad Catholic school student. That night was off the chain too. She came to my home dressed in a Catholic school student uniform with a ruler in her hand. Good stuff.

To this day, we are still good friends. I chat with her from time to time. She now lives in Florida and travels the country working for her job.

*Both Bronx Girl and Haitian Sensation are still unmarried, childless and successful professionals.


{Editors note: because my stories tend to be long so this will be continued.}

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, wait, waitaminute!!! How you gonna call yourself an ersatz pimp--and cerebral--and then blow up some biddies phone like that in a fit of jealousy??!! And trip like that, too!!??? Come on, man. On the flip, though, I gotta admire your willingness to be transparent wit us.

3:06 PM  
Blogger The_Practitioner said...

I know, I know. But here at my place it's all about keepin' it real. So I had to expose some things that sometimes get omitted from my stories.

I'm just trying to expose other sides of the kid readers don't know about.

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel you. You got layers.

When I read the original NY-girl story (where you didn't pay), just yesterday, I believe, it was pretty evident to me that the two of you would reunite. There was too much unfinished.

See the other note I left you with your Hell-to-the-Naw entry, too.

3:28 PM  
Blogger ChezNiki said...

Wow! Again, its always good to hear the male side of the "I Got Sprung" story.

See now I wanna write a story about the last time I got sprung, fell down, bumped my head and fell in love...I have to think this over...ummm, Im already editing in my head...LOL

4:03 PM  
Blogger ThatGirlTam said...

Oh shit...that story made me wanna pull your playa's card man! HAHAHAHA!! I can't believe YOU of ALL PEOPLE fell into a fit of jealousy...OVER A WOMAN!! OMG!!! What is this world coming to??? It's funny because you got me lookin at my own past behavior over a man...ain't it a shame what we put ourselves thru when we think its LOVE? Ok...now don't DO that shit again playa! FOR REAL!! AHAHAHAHA!!

T.

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hold up sun. Blowing up her phone? Moving bitches IN?! What part of the game is THAT?!

But seriously, you keep your player card on the strength that you really wasn't sprung off of that girl specifially, you just didn't want to lose to some clown. And in the name of sportsmanship, I respect that.

Just don't let it happen again. I mean, if not you, who are us young bucks supposed to look up to?

12:53 PM  
Blogger Superstar Nic said...

The other side of the "Serial Dater".....hmmmmmmmmm......Very interesting post of for a playa!

7:36 PM  
Blogger Big Trev said...

Man, I felt like I was reading one of my own posts, LOL.

Yo, I loved it. I couldn't help but grin all the way through the post (and all the supporting posts). Shoo, you just let me know I'm not the only one some looney stories, LOL...

7:48 PM  
Blogger Serenity3-0 said...

I just knew I wasn't reading Serial Dater when you said you got a little irate in the messages to Bronx Girl. And then you moved one broad from another man's place into your's? Hmmmm.. Big mistake. But the best thing about this post is the mention of role playing.. I love to play Principal! Anyone care to stay after class for extra instruction?

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have some interesting stories. My dating experience is no where near aas insane as yours.

11:38 AM  
Blogger African girl, American world said...

beanbag...LOL

I happened to read your entry about Haitian sensation last week but didn't comment cause it was so old..so there :)

Still not feeling any fuzzies over Bronx girl but think you and Haitian sensation had something deep going on.

I like the 'where are they now' posts..keep them coming.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

I was wondering what happened to the girl whose meal you didn't pay for....I guess she figured she'd milk you for what you were worth...at least something meaningful came out of them even it was for a couple of months. Looking forward to reading more.

11:27 AM  
Blogger nikki said...

wow! those girls had you open. i ain't mad at it. it shows you're human and vulnerable to the same frailties as everyone else. it's all good. i'm glad you were able to enjoy their company while you could.

6:08 PM  
Blogger The_Practitioner said...

Okay so she doesn't hate me.

I've finally heard from Bronx Girl (See: Check Please! story)

Here is an excerpt of her response to both the check please & where are they now posts:

"Bronxgirl said...
ok I'm Bronxgirl and I would first like to say that I adore Serial, I have since our first meeting and I probably always will but damn it that mofo pissed me the hell off when we first mnet. I know BBQ's was'nt a planned date so technically he wasn't obligated to pay for my meal BUT, I firmly believe in being treated like a lady no matter the circumstances, he should have offered to pay, period. Stuff like that is usually a huge turn off to me but I liked him so I tried not to let it put a dark cloud over getting to know him. I had to add up all his positives, he was funny, smart, quick on his feet and I was extremely attracted to him. He was a little shorter than me but I was never a height fanatic anyway so that was no big deal either, in my opinion Serial was worth me forgiving his dinner slip up so I went with the flow..."

To read the rest of her response, go to the comments section of the Check Please! story.

Better late than never.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

"If I had it to do over again, we would've remained together."

HA! Pimp-playa my ass! I knew it -- you big ole softie! You're looking for love and to be loved just like the rest of us.

Thanks for visiting my blog -- if I find any personal assistants that are REALLY dedicated to their jobs (baby) -- I'll send 'em your way!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Knockout Zed said...

That Haitian Sensation broad sounds fan-fucking-tastic!

I was in a relationship with a broad that suffocating, too. Turns out the bitch was putting a pillow over my face when I slept!

KZ

11:41 AM  
Blogger ChezNiki said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:40 PM  
Blogger ChezNiki said...

You sure Knockout Zed isnt your alter-ego? LOL

2:41 PM  
Blogger African girl, American world said...

Christmas present for you at my blog - Merry Christmas!

2:29 PM  
Blogger twin said...

I want to be like you when I grow up, I know how it is to move someone in and then want them out just as fast

6:04 AM  
Blogger brooklyn babe said...

Just when I was all caught on your reads.... (had to print you out, your a good train read. Read about Chubby blind date in mini skirt, Back of the jeep episode, the co-worker back seat hit up... you like a back seat don't cha?!?!)

Enjoy your holidays... and stay out of the damn back seats!!!!

11:29 AM  
Blogger DramaFree said...

Okay, main, I've been gone for about 2 weeks, and I come back, and there's still no part 2!! Bring it!! (just playing, but you could kinda hurry up wit it though lol)

Who knew that the Serial Dater was capable of feeling love and cohabitating? Perhaps there's hope for you yet ;)

2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home